Where oh where did winter go? Here in Pennsylvania we have had a very mild winter, barely no snow. When I start hearing the birds singing and the spring flowers start popping up is my signal to start spring cleaning. I open the windows to let that beautiful spring air flood thru my house.
So do you have followed thru step by step instructions in spring cleaning? Here are some
Spring cleaning tips from an expert
- “In order to make your home feel organized, you must first clutter your things.”If you have not used the item in one year, toss it or donate it.
- “Before cleaning, take a look around your home and determine what areas need to be cleaned. Then create yourself a ‘To-Clean’ list.” Make sure you don’t miss anything.
- “Set aside days when you’ll stay home and clutter and clean. Don’t try to do this after a long day of work.” Try to do on sunny days.
- “Be sure to give yourself enough time to get everything done.” But do not pressure yourself. What gets done, the rest will be there tomorrow.
- “Schedule certain tasks for certain days. I suggest performing all similar tasks within the same day. For instance, if you do baseboards, go ahead and knock out all the baseboards in your home on the same day. The same goes for wiping down light fixtures and ceiling fans.”
- “Small appliances in the kitchen collect a large amount of dust, grease and fingerprints. Don’t neglect cleaning them.” Shake the crumbs out of the toaster. There is a door on the bottom of toaster.
- “Don’t forget to clean overlooked items, such as light switches, vanity lighting in bathrooms and baseboards.”
- “Don’t be afraid to throw things away. If you can’t remember the last time you reached for that cooking spice, toss it out.” Make sure your spices have not been on shelf for ten years. Keep them fresh.
- The same thing goes for old accumulated cleaning supplies. If you have cleaning supplies that you haven’t used in over a year or more, throw them out. Cleaning supplies have a shelf life, and may no longer be safe or effective to use.”
Another Spring Cleaning List.
- Wash Baseboards, door ceilings, window sills, doors, and walls. Do your walls on a sunny day so you can tell where you cleaned and where you missed.
- Vacuum and wash vents. You will be surprised at just how much dirt builds up in there.
- Wash window treatments (drapes, etc.).
- Dust blinds. I actually got rid of all my blinds, too hard to clean.
- Wash Windows – inside and out.
- Dust and shine overhead lights – replace burnt light bulbs.
- Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lamp shades
The Biggest spring cleaning mistakes
There are several mistakes people make when spring cleaning. The biggest include not replacing your air conditioning/heating filter. This is something that should be done each time the season changes, because it helps cut down on dust and other particles.”
Read labels and owners manuals, since they tell you how and where products and cleaning tools can and should be used.
“A lot of people don’t know how to properly use cleaning products. It’s so important to by cleaning products that are meant for the area that you’ll be cleaning. For example, bleach cannot go on marble, and vinegar cannot be used on every surface.”
Necessary Cleaning Products.
This has everything you want in a spin mop. The triangular shape lets you get deep into corners and the microfiber head can be washed and reused for up to three months. Best of all, you operate the spinning mechanism with your foot for hands-free wringing. I LOVE THIS MOP, it is worth the money and its actually very satisfying to mop the floor. You can also use this mop for the walls.
Once the weather gets warm enough for outside cleaning, attach this bottle of Windex to your hose, spray and you’re done. It is formulated to remove dirt, grime and smudges without wiping, leaving a streak-free shine.
Other spring cleaning products worth checking out
- Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner is tough on dirt, but gentle on surfaces, making it a top option.
- You can never have enough microfiber cleaning cloths when doing spring cleaning. These are fantastic
- This 12-pack of Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels is the equivalent of 30 regular-sized rolls. Love paper towels
- The Bissell CleanView Swivel Upright is a powerful vacuum that comes with specialized pet tools to clean stairs, upholstery and more.
- The O-Cedar EasyWring Cleaning System has a dual-chamber bucket, so you have separate areas for clean and dirty
- This o cedar mop is the two bucket system. One for dirty water and the other for clean water. ALSO, A VERY GOOD MOP.
- Amazon also has a variety of cleaning products.
This list seems impossible but if you break it down over days it’s not so bad, . If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to comment below.